Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bye Bye Atkins

On August 1st I began a tight regimen of Low Carb eating.  This was in part to break myself of the horrible habits I had gotten in over the summer eating anything and everything, and to prepare my body for the last weeks of training before the Rosarito to Ensenada Fun Ride on 9/24/11.  The Low Carb diet was to last 30 days, then I would still have three weeks of hardcore training with a balanced diet, and a day leftover to carb up before the ride.

I weighed in at 166.5 on 8/1, and by Thursday 8/18 I was down 10 lbs.  However since this time I have only lost another 2lbs or so.  I have been really strict with my carbs however what I have found is the more I train for the ride, the less weight I lose (and there have been gains after a big workout as well).  Perhaps its water weight; perhaps my metabolism just refuses to go into complete Ketosis, but regardless, I did my 30 days and I am moving on.

The next three weeks will be full of healthy eating with enough to fuel my training.  I am hoping for another 10lbs or so to be gone before the ride, I realize losing another 10 will be hard especially in 3 weeks when I am training and so close to my goal weight anyway (about 20lbs from where I am).  But I have to keep a positive attitude. 

What I can say is that Atkins, or Low Carb is not for me.  Although I do understand its ability to help shed pounds quickly, I think I am better off sticking to healthy diet and exercise from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment